On Wednesday, 19 October 2011, The Cochrane Empty Reviews Project is holding a meeting at the 19th Cochrane Colloquium in Madrid, Spain from 18:00-19:30 to report the project findings and consensus group feedback. We invite all interested Cochrane Collaboration contributors to participate. The meeting room will be listed in the Colloquium program in the coming months.
This meeting will address ways in which empty reviews are reported in The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, report the key proceedings of a consensus meeting held in June 2011, discuss the suggested guidance generated by the consensus group, and invite feedback.
Provided below are links to some of the consensus meeting presentations that may inform the discussion:
- The Cochrane Empty Reviews Consensus Meeting Introduction;
- Current Guidance in The Cochrane Handbook;
- Cochrane Review Group and Other Systematic Review Producing Organizations’ Policies and Perspectives of Empty Reviews;
- Preliminary Content Analysis of ‘Implications for Practice’ in Empty Reviews;
- Perspective from a CRG Publishing a Relatively High Proportion of Empty Reviews;
- Development of Views and Guidance for Empty Reviews.